Thursday, September 3, 2009

Music City BBQ festival




This was the first ever Music City BBQ festival. Overall I thought the set-up and the event had a lot of potential for a super event. We were located on 1st avenue at Riverfront Park. They had two events actual happening a musical festival and a bbq festival. They charged $10 to enter the event for the music but I don't think they really had anyone worth paying $10 dollars ( anyway that is what all of the event guest were saying) The guest felt they paid $10 dollars for the BBQ event. I think if next year they have it free to the public or $1 or 2 then I think this event will be well received. They actually just had too many things happening.. But I will say it was actual very well organized.

We have always in the past done well when competing in Nashville. Our first call happen in CMA Fanfest bbq contest. So, we hoped for at least one call but we knew they were only calling top 5 places and we were competing against some of the top teams in MBN and KCBS.

The strangest thing happen we got two top 5 calls -- 4th in Pork and 5th in brisket. We finished 9th overall. I can't explain how excited I was for Page and all of my team members. My only goal this year was finish one event in the top 15 and one top 5 in any category. I reflected on how well everything has went for us over the last 1 1/2 year. Two years ago I had never cooked on charcoal and never smoked in charcoal smoker. I had only cooked gourmet style or used a gas grill.

Thanks to everyone that has supported us over the last two years....

No comments: